Thursday 13 December 2012

The Joys of Pen-Palhood

Normally I write letters to friends when I have news, but not in any systematic, formal manner. Pen-palling, now an official verb, as declared by me, is a much more structured letter writing timetable, I have been pen-palling with someone met on holiday for the a few months, and I love it. It shows that when you need to, you can always find something to write about. We write once every couple of weeks, and sometimes include photos and drawings as well. It is a brilliant way of keeping in contact with an old friend, or acquaintance, and also keeping your letter-writing juices flowing. Due to the regularity of writing, it is harder to find creative ways to write, but it really doesn't matter, it is just nice to keep in contact in the classic, old-fashioned way.

No comments:

Post a Comment